Re: big problems please help

"Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
liney <roychallis014@xxxxxxx> wrote:
my friends 1992 520i needed servicing so we did it as it was a cheap
car. he later went on to look on a website for ways to reset serv/insp
lights and tried bridging 7/14/19 in the inspection socket wich clearly
didnt work. any1 with ideas what has happened and how to fix it your
help would be great cheers

There must be a million articles out there on how to do this.

But all you need to do is ground pin 11 then switch on the ignition
without starting the engine. Then turn off when the oil service lights
re-set. To re-set the inspection light leave on longer.

It should be 7 & 19.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11039.html
There is a different (and easier) way to do modern cars (e46, etc.)
Pin 14 is 12v. Shorting that to ground (pin 19) and the service interval
Pin 7,
is *NOT* a good thing. As some other people have mentioned, you've
probably fried something.

FloydR

  • Re: big problems please help
    ... lights and tried bridging 7/14/19 in the inspection socket wich clearly ... Then turn off when the oil service lights ... To re-set the inspection light leave on longer. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • My thousand favorite things (in someones reverse order)
    ... 997 Locking people out of the car and pretending to drive away ... 984 Eating the last piece of dessert somebody left at your house ... 946 The first shower you take after not showering for a really long time ... 917 The moment at a concert after the lights go out and before the band comes on stage ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: meritocracy?
    ... lights, people will soon stop running red lights. ... where "owner onus" (the responsibility of the registered car ... Giving it the power to assume guilt ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Hazards of night cycling
    ... Sure most of them, even the cheap ... Car headlights are *not* like everything else. ... were getting maimed and killed by inferior lights that weren't "good ... I have a bike that I ride that generally I go about 13 mph on average. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: meritocracy?
    ... lights, people will soon stop running red lights. ... automated cameras instead, the punishment for the infraction comes weeks ... where "owner onus" (the responsibility of the registered car ...
    (talk.origins)