Re: New member, Some Q about Vanos
- From: "Jeff Strickland" <crwlr@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:56:10 -0700
<seanc04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1151620379.461468.164670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sunderland wrote:Bimmer328 wrote:
> stalled when I was in neutral and about to switch to 5th gear.
> so I pressed the clutch, turned on the car while rolling on the > interstate
Reading between the lines here... you were rolling down the interstate
in neutral, with the clutch out?? What the devil for??
If you actually keep the car in gear while driving, the engine won't
stall as much.
What's wrong with rolling in neutral? I almost always roll to stop
lights in neutral and stay out of gear while at the light. Is this bad?
My car has never stalled while moving...
It's okay to wait for the light to change while in N, but you should not shift into N until yo are very nearly at a full stop. You should allow the motor to provide braking and not rely solely on the brake pedal to haul your car to a stop.
- Prev by Date: Re: New member, Some Q about Vanos
- Next by Date: Convertible window stain issue
- Previous by thread: Re: New member, Some Q about Vanos
- Next by thread: Re: New member, Some Q about Vanos