- From: "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:58:17 +0100
In article <cQVjg.25453$8T4.22484@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
number 9 <NoEmail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, back in my little gray cells,
I seem to remember setting the dwell
on my '69 350 Olds. instead of the
timing... acheiving the same result?
If the dwell and timing were originally correct on a points system,
resetting the dwell after points wear or replacement should restore the
correct ignition timing. However, most electronic systems don't have any
wearing parts so the dwell shouldn't change.
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *
Dave Plowman dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
- Prev by Date: Tips for E46 owners - Some of them are useful and some are not.
- Next by Date: Re: 2-Day Performance Center School Experience
- Previous by thread: Re: timing/dwell
- Next by thread: gas tank lever release