Re: Which Auto transmission fluid?
- From: "JB" <JB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:47:11 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <4ejjgvF1espmiU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Why are these listed as a service item by both BMW and ECP? I had always
JB <JB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know it's supposedly filled with "Lifetime" fluid, but as filters are
available I think I'll change it while the trans is still sound.
The filter isn't like an engine oil filter - it's just a gauze to prevent
a foreign body entering the pump. It doesn't clean the fluid in any way.
imagined that you just clean and replace them. I seem to remember there
being 2 filters, the other hidden inside another 'inner pan'. This
replacment may be this type? Must do more research before getting stuck in.
- Prev by Date: Re: Which Auto transmission fluid?
- Next by Date: Re: Strange Acceleration / Performance behaviour - E46 '99 318 Saloon
- Previous by thread: Re: Which Auto transmission fluid?
- Next by thread: Re: Which Auto transmission fluid?