Re: 96-97 E36 reliability

"SQ" <onestatusquo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1149178790.535570.91130@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am thinking about 96-97 E36, either 325i or 328i or maybe even the 5
series.

with M50/5-speed

Good choice. But you won't find a post '93 E36 with an M50. It will be an
M52 engine, and if you are in the US, you won't get bitten by the M52
nikasil problem we had over in Europe either as the US M52s had an iron
block (iirc).

Questions, what are some common issues that occur?
Do they still have problems with electronics and coils
like the late 80's early 90's? How about AC, does it work
well?

Have a good look at http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw.html

Also, how hard is it to find a station wagon?

Plenty about over here. Don't know what the situation is like ver there.

JB

.