Re: Comfort access and iDRIVE help
- From: "ag" <ageisse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:13:26 GMT
Thank you Niels. I will try. I did take it in already onece for the
comfort access. They said it was a "software issue" and upgraded to the
latest software. However, the problem still occurs. I will ask them to
change out the battery and check the antenna. unfortunately, here in San
Antonio Tx we have only one BMW dealer and their service department is
"Niels Petersen" <1gr8dane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Your two problems are related. The iDrive starts to boot up when you
unlock the doors (from a distance) and I assume that also applies with
comfort access. It sounds like your vehicle has difficulty recognizing
the presence of the key, so sometimes the iDrive will commence boot up
well before you enter the car and it looks like a proper boot up to you.
At other times it will appear to sit on the BMW screen simply because the
boot up started later. Get the key recognition fixed (check key
battery??) and you will be good. YMMV.
OK, I did as someone in this group suggested and had the software
upgraded in my 550i 2006. They did find several "software faults" and
upgraded it. But I still have both problems:
1) Comfort Access: works sometimes, sometimes doesn't (have to hold the
key up to the window to get it to work)
2) iDRIVE: Sometimes starts right up, sometimes sits on the BMW screen
for up to 15 seconds.
Anyone else find the solution to these problems?
- Prev by Date: Re: BMW 3 series fuel requirements? regular or ..?
- Next by Date: Re: Bluetooth
- Previous by thread: Re: Comfort access and iDRIVE help
- Next by thread: Best Place For Objective Tire Reviews?