300D Transmission Issues

Pursuant to a number of earlier posts, I have managed to free the kick-
down button switch on the firewall of my 300D and believe that it can
now be removed without breakage. I have not yet done so. However,
would someone please explain in detail how this is supposed to remedy
the problem of the transmission not shifting into top gear? I was not
clear on that from the previous posts.

If indeed unplugging the switch restores the transmissions ability to
shift into 4th gear, what then? Can the switch then be restored and
the transmission will continue to function normally, or is this merely
a diagnostic step leading to another procedure?

Sorry to seem dense on this, but I am just "not getting" how this
whole lash-up works.

Thanks!

  • Re: Misdirection ploys are dishonest
    ... example of an alleged "switch" by the DI, ... ...for Ron O, and the above is no exception. ... has to look at the open ended posts to know who is running and lying. ... what category blaming the victims of the ID scam comes under but only ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Tech: Gottlieb 4 Square score motor
    ... I can post pictures of the 4-Square score motor switches if you ... level C is a punched steel cam disc with 3 sets of detents 120 degrees ... posts that stick up into levels D and E, ... position of the switch location. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: G5 Date and Time Issue
    ... whenever I switch it back on after switching it off the night before, ... Have you examined the system log to see if any hardware errors are ... Send responses to the relevant news group rather than to me, ... Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: second power supply
    ... You don't read the complete posts or if you do you don't fully understand what is said then you argue. ... "I flipped the on-off switch on the external, supplemental, power supple to on but that power supple did not turn-on." ... |>> wire to the ground wire, do some searching on the net and you should ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 300D Transmission Issues
    ... The kick-down switch energizes a solenoid in the transmission body. ... the problem of the transmission not shifting into top gear? ... If indeed unplugging the switch restores the transmissions ability to ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)