AC Compressor mineral oil capacity
- From: heav <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:06:39 -0700 (PDT)
Last I had had the AC system leak checked on my 1982 300 TDT, and
there were slow leaks on just about every component in the system.
The AC place I used to use in Vegas should have stopped right there,
but the kid working on the car went ahead and built one hose and
charged the system. The line was badly built and blew in about two
days. Oil spewed out of the system and sprayed around the engine
compartment pretty good.
I have just ordered all the parts I need including condenser and
hoses. I replaced the evaporator last year when I had the engine
remanufactured, and the compressor and drier are only a couple of
So when I get all the parts here I am going to remove the compressor
and drain it and just about everything else will be new. I suspect
there will be a small amount of oil in the lower, big hose that goes
from the compressor around the front of the engine to the condenser
and the evaporator, but I don't know how much.
Does anyone know how much oil should be put in the compressor when I
Or how much the entire system is supposed to hold? I am asking about
the lubricating mineral oil, not the R-12 refrigerant.
- Prev by Date: Re: Yikes! Diesel $4.50/gallon
- Next by Date: Re: AC Compressor mineral oil capacity
- Previous by thread: Re: Merc cl500 coolant level warning wrong
- Next by thread: Re: AC Compressor mineral oil capacity