Re: Steering wandering and very twitchy, hard to keep straight?
- From: heav <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
I bought my 300 TDT in 1993 with 144,000 miles on it. The steering
wandered all over the place, seemingly similar to what you describe.
There was excessive play in the wheel, and the steering box could not
be adjusted to remove the play.
I found a steering box at a wrecking yard for $75. There was a lot of
cussing and struggle to change out the box, but I got it done and it
fixed the problem. I now have 410,000 miles on the car, and the $75
steering box has not had to be even adjusted and still works great.
- Prev by Date: Re: 1998 - E300TD Cold Start Problem
- Next by Date: Re: The fashion keeps changing every day. The style and fashion you have adopted on one day is outdated on the very next day. So you have to remain updated regarding the latest developments in the fashion world. The revolution in fashion has brought about
- Previous by thread: Re: Steering wandering and very twitchy, hard to keep straight?
- Next by thread: Re: Steering wandering and very twitchy, hard to keep straight?