Re: Water Leak in Trunk of 1979 300SD
- From: The Spanish Inquisition <ximinez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:56:53 +0200
On Sep 27, 1:48 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at
Suggest you water test the seal around the fuel fill tube and the drain
tube from that area. If nothing found there, the rear window's seal
becomes the next suspect. Be careful when doing anything to the rear
window - it may crack.
If the car has a sun roof you should also test its water drains - they
eventually rust out. I don't know where they exit, possibly in the front
and center pillars.
© 2007 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
In my car, the above mentioned fuel filler door area was one leak.
The other was the taillight lens. The gasket was shot.
Unfortunately, MB wants like $80 for the stupid foam gasket. I used
some weatherstrip adhesive with the 25 year old original.
One technique is to get inside the trunk with a flashlight while
someone uses a garden hose on the trunk area.
Yeah, and then the trunk lock (another weak point) decides to fail ;)
Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....
- Prev by Date: Re: Water Leak in Trunk of 1979 300SD
- Next by Date: Re: Marvel Mystery Oil on Diesel update?
- Previous by thread: Re: Water Leak in Trunk of 1979 300SD
- Next by thread: Re: Water Leak in Trunk of 1979 300SD