Re: Wheel noise? '79 300TD
- From: Tom Plunket <tomas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:12:11 -0700
It is probably the air bags in your hydropneumatic system... I don't have
experience with this system but it does sound related... did the plucking
sound happens after you do the bleeding?
Yeah the sound started a few days after I did the bleeding.
Sick of it, and not being able to see anything obvious with the car up
on a jack or wheel ramps, I went by the dealer. Oh yes, I guess I
didn't notice the sway bar just hanging there on the left side (I was
convinced it was on the right, so that's where I focused my attention).
So the coincidence is that I did the oil in the hydropneumatic system
and a few days later break (???) the sway bar connection on one wheel.
So it's all sorted now, and for $300 the dealer threw a full-car detail
on top of all new sway bar bushings, so I'd say it was money well spent.
- Prev by Date: Re: Marvel Mystery Oil on Diesel update?
- Next by Date: 1982 300TD wagon weatherstripping source?
- Previous by thread: Re: Wheel noise? '79 300TD
- Next by thread: C280 head bolt torque