Re: Broken caliper bolt won't extract
- From: "Karl" <aufever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 03:57:33 GMT
I see in your 1st post you need the left spindle.
And you need to know that the caliper bolts come from the factory with blue locktight on them.
Sounds like someone over torqued them.....
"Karl" <aufever@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:v9k4f.432$Fo1.65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> He needs another spindle.
> No problem here in Fresno, Calif. I can get you a good used one tomorrow morning. Pmail me with
> side you need.
> "T.G. Lambach" <tlambach@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:pe2dnfmXmqJpAszeRVn-tQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > This is beyond hope unless you have a home machine shop. Start shopping
> > the salvage yards for another caliper or just buy a rebuilt one.
> > A repair shop would have potential liability if this caliper fails so
> > they'd install a rebuilt caliper; they wouldn't waste their time on this
> > kludge. And the customer would pay for it. End of story.
- Prev by Date: Re: Broken caliper bolt won't extract
- Next by Date: Re: Broken caliper bolt won't extract
- Previous by thread: Re: Broken caliper bolt won't extract
- Next by thread: Re: Broken caliper bolt won't extract