Had to repair my Alternator on a 2001 CLK Kompressor

I bought this car, immaculate condition, full service history & it had
done 90,000 km for a 3 1/2 year old car. Anyways, last week, the
alternator failed & i had an electrical failure.. took it to my
mercedes guy who proceeded to tell me a new one would cost $2000
(australian for a new alternator) so he got it repaired for $600!
either or sounds expensive, and im shocked that the alternator failed
after just 3 1/2 years... 6 months outside of factory warranty.. can
anyone give advice, any way of getting mercedes to reimburse me, or is
it just BAD luck?

Dan

  • Re: MB reliability
    ... it creates a lower quality product, but for the business it is good. ... cost of production of the vehicle, which for them is too expensive, and ... Compared to the US, Mercedes pays ... technology in their cars, but that isn't the whole story. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: MB reliability
    ... it creates a lower quality product, but for the business it is good. ... cost of production of the vehicle, which for them is too expensive, and ... Compared to the US, Mercedes pays ... technology in their cars, but that isn't the whole story. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: 300SD Rear Window Plastic Slide
    ... Unfortunately there is nothing on a Mercedes that costs only two ... >> it cost her nearly $5k to fix it. ... Built by Yugo. ... > remember the window crank snapping off in my Benz, ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: disengage immobiliser
    ... I was hoping that Mercedes would send an engineer to me ... They would have billed me for the transport cost to their nearest ... The tow should be free then. ... usual and let that car run... ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: 1990 560 sel
    ... concerned one or 2 repairs may well cost that much. ... Milage means nothing. ... If it were me I'd have somebody WHO KNOWS THIS TYPE OF CAR (not just "some ... Need Mercedes parts? ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)