Re: 1996 320 E Mercedes

My advice would be to forget it IF the vehicle is running ok . If not you'll
have to take it to the dealer and let them figure it out . The control arm
bushing certainly have nothing to do with the light appearing . I'm assume
you had a different problem when the shop did that repair . When you have a
10 year old German car with miles on it , you're not going to live happily
ever after.
-Dana
"ballerinagul" <janicegreeneross@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have been trying to solve problems with my check engine light this
> entire summer. I have a 1996 E 320 with 150,000 miles on it. I
> bought the car new in '96. Lately, I have had a terrible time trying
> to determine the cause of my check engine light coming on. I use a
> private car shop to do my repairs. He assured me that he could fix
> the car with no problem. He has replaced the knock sensor, the
> battery, the upper and lower control arm bushings the air mass sensor,
> and the rear oxygen sensor. The last time I took the car in, the
> owner of the shop decided to take my car to the local dealership to
> have them run test (says he didn't have to right equipment to do so.)
> He used their diagnosis to do the last couple of repairs. Overall this
> summer I have spent over $3000.00 on this car. The light has just come
> on again. He now tells me that the model E 320 that I have had a lot
> of kinks in it because it was the first year this particular model was
> made and that it is difficult to repair all the sensors. It's not
> him it's the car. Is anyone aware of special problems with the E
> 320? Any advice for me?

  • Re: Stuttering and check engine light
    ... The first time the O2 sensor was replaced. ... engine light came on 3 days later. ... Car is running fine. ... The CD has the codes, ...
    (rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata)
  • Re: VIC, repair on not?
    ... the market value will never be worth anything more than beer ... that's the basis on which they set the premium. ... Buying a car at even market value is no clue of hidden issues. ... cheap repair of some good functional transport. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Check engine light on Toyota Rav4
    ... generally see her and the car once a week. ... engine light came on, ... came on and it had a DTC; ... sensor circuit malfunction bank 1, ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: 95 Honda Civic Hesitation/shaking when accelerating
    ... How old are they in miles and years? ... Is the oxygen sensor an OEM one? ... The check engine light has not come on at all. ... another car that had similar trouble and that fixed it. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.honda)
  • Re: VIC, repair on not?
    ... If a similar replacement will cost you a tenner, ... If I was spending 'good money' on a car, ... That's what it's WORTH. ... cheap repair of some good functional transport. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)