Re: Reliability declining of some European cars

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:52:36 -0400, "Peter" <pcklein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>The decline in reliability began when the 124 series ended:1995 E Class.
>Mercedes was determined to put more and more technology into their car which
>relied on computer modules. MB traditionally went with Bosch and Hella
>electronics. These firms had problems with their "Chips". Daimler refused to
>put reliable, Japanese chips in their German car. They decided to switch to
>Alpine audio when they were bombarded by letters from dealers and customers
>who emphasized that the developed nations of the world listened to music
>from Compact Disc for over twenty years. They finally went through their
>inventory of Becker tape/radios and made the switch.
>Daimler, BMW, and Volkwagen AG have turned the corner and all claim that
>their cars are reliable again. The bottom line is, would you rather be in a
>Mercedes-Benz in an accident or a Japanese car? P.

Peter
This is exactly what I was looking for.
I have another friend that purchased a 745(?) BMW about a year ago
for circa 100k and had lots of problems. Always with electronics.
Problems that the dealer wasn't capable of fixing.
Thanks

Vlad

.