Re: New Video

PerfectReign wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:34:28 +0000, Rev Turd Fredericks rebooted the
Etch-A-Sketch and scribbled:

PerfectReign wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:34:13 +0200, Hans van Eynsbergen wrote:

Man, I would love to see the steamroller flatten that fat truck...
ROTFL !
Wha? You don't like my little midsize truck either?
Yes and no.
Yes it's still quite big, at least compared with all the European
cars/trucks.
No, it does not have that rugged 4x4 look, too much like a SUV.
Um, hello? It *is* an SUV.

Oh, and I don't have 4x4. I used to have one, and only engaged the 4wd
once. Even in the desert I found little reason for needing the front
wheels engaged.

The sad part is - I just found out the head unit runs Windows.

This has got to change.

it is a Kenwood DDX6019 and I think it runs Windows CE. (The same as
in our TEV units here at work.)

You know, I really want something bigger....
http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2002/n16/history/800/tatra-
v570.jpg
Looks a bit like Rev's car...
It does!

I don't think I would mistake that for the work of art I own :-) Two
days ago I was approaching an intersection close to where I live and
there were two other VW Beetles at the light, all in good shape. It was
like being in a time warp or something.

I think all Beetles have retired to SoCal.

Seriously, I've got like five on my block. My older son even wants one. I tried to explain that he won't fit, but that doesn't seem to stop him.

You'd be surprised at how many Beetles actually manage to survive the North East. When I was shopping for mine, some of the best ones were in places like Maine and Massachusetts. Your son would fit fine in a Bug. However, I wouldn't buy one for my kids or the kids of my worst enemy just because they aren't safe for every day use. I am becoming increasingly aware of that as I drive around town. Newer cars have become so safe that I don't think people care much any more about how poorly they drive.

--
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
-Christopher Walken SNL ð

  • Re: "Cargo bikes the new minivan for cycling families"
    ... even as much as my son ... The down side is that no one leaves you alone and you find yourself ... Can you fit two kids in it? ... but did you know you have a Christmas tree and two kids on ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • TR: Chapter 2: Just missed Rope Drop and Midnight Madness
    ... I just couldn't get to sleep, and I know the kids ... few extractions returned to the luggage. ... Brandon was relieved about the one thing I ... My son vowed revenge. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: Homework for a 5 year old - how much involvement needed.
    ... >> making him dislike school. ... >the math or social studies writing is not dinged for spelling. ... And my son usually writes ... IF kids are coming up with redundant answers that say "it is so ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: Rescue Safety Scam Instead of Sponsons
    ... Kids in PFDs suffer lowering of ... or even the canoe and kayak scam, American citizens deserve better. ... snatches the stupid from the gene pool, and I insured my son was not ...
    (rec.boats.paddle)
  • TR Feb 3-10 Day 6 of 8
    ... Son -12- Michael ... Dad and the kids do Space twice- ... left to go on Splash while we ordered dessert. ... the Grilled Vegetable Cuban Sandwich. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)