Re: wrap it in foil!!

On 21 Feb 2006 in alt.2600, ThePsyko <ThePsyko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> made
their contribution to mankind by stating in

From the 'return packaging instructions' --

"wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. Then, secure
the drive in several layers of bubble wrap AND packing foam at least 4
inches thick"

Your job - guess the company that wants their products wrapped in foil
lol

heh.. believe it or not, it's Quantum.. I have an External USB Travan 40
drive that I need to return and I found this on their page

If the product is NOT in a Quantum enclosure...

Secure and ship in an ESD (anti-static) bag. If such a bag is not
available, wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. Then,
secure the drive in several layers of bubble wrap AND packing foam at
least 4 inches thick. If available, and in good condition, it's okay to
reuse the packaging material that the advance-shipped replacement drive
arrived in.

--
ThePsyko
Public Enemy #7

  • Re: wrap it in foil!!
    ... "wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. ... Secure and ship in an ESD bag. ... wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: wrap it in foil!!
    ... "wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. ... Then, secure the ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: wrap it in foil!!
    ... "wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. ... Purchase, New York, in the United States. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: wrap it in foil!!
    ... made their contribution to mankind by stating in ... "wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. ... wrap the drive in at least two layers of aluminum foil. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: wrap it in foil!!