Re: SPAM sudden increase

"[_ '] |_| (_] ]_ |_| (_]" <cthulhu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> delighted us to
no end by taking a lime green crayon and scribbling in
news:pan.2005.11.28.06.38.05.171150@xxxxxxxxxxxx, on the hallowed
day of Sun 27 Nov 2005 10:38:07p:

> "] |_| (_] _['' _['' ]-" /_\ |/_ [. -=Biscuit=-:
>
>> Anyone else notice a sudden increase in SPAM? I swear it was
>> like SpamAssassin just stopped working. I have my filters set
>> very tight, and normally only 1-2 SPAM sneak through a month.
>> Now I'm getting 5-6 a day, and my clients are getting TONS,
>> not being marked as SPAM.
>>
>> I noticed SA v3.1.0 came out in September, yet for whatever
>> reason up2date didn't update it on my server until around Nov
>> 9th. Anyone else noticing this too? I know the latest version
>> had many changes (I'm still reading the changelog) but it's
>> almost like it just dropped all the rules...
>
> brrr... its cold in here

So get under the covers!
roflmao

--
-=Mara=-
If stupidity was painful, The Rocky Mountains would be full of

  • Re: SPAM sudden increase
    ... I have my filters set very tight, and normally only 1-2 SPAM sneak through a month. ... Now I'm getting 5-6 a day, and my clients are getting TONS, not being marked as SPAM. ... My question was more that it seems since the last update SpamAssassin processes rules differently, and stuff that used to get blocked is no longer being blocked. ... No professionals." ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: For sale Brand New Juicy Couture Sidekick II for $120
    ... Ideally spam should be stopped at source, but I don't suppose there's much chance of that happening. ... BogoFilter authors or the SpamAssassin authors. ... There's no way a BAYES engine alone can do this ... out on rule based flexibility and these BL lists. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: howto set evolution to work with spamassassin and clamav
    ... > spamassassin and clamav. ... There are two basic ways to setup spamassassin. ... moved to a holding folder, and the filter will stop processing. ... bayes_ignore_header ReSent-Date ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Getting a new server
    ... Subject: Getting a new server ... spamassassin can EASILY be set up to allow the users ... I just feed all my spam in and my ... dspam makes it so rediculously easy for both POP and IMAP ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: smtp time spam filtering
    ... to do scans at smtp time but without any online checks. ... You've already outlined a case where bouncing spam became your problem. ... I used to filter mail lists through spamassassin but I stopped doing ...
    (Debian-User)