Re: What's Wrong The Tech World? (a Hatter rant)

In article <oISdnfUskOfxnBjeRVnyuw@xxxxxxxxx>, Mimic took the hamburger,
threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...

> Yomamma Bin Crawdaddin wrote:
>

> > That is where you are the idiot Matthew.
> > When the model year is coming to an end and the manufacturer
> > is seeing that he will have to pay taxes on and inventory
> > that will depreciate as soon as the model year ends. They are looking
> > not only to reduce their year end inventory, but also to create a cash
> > flow over time. They only want to get the vehicles off the lot for
> > more reasons than you think of Matthew.
> > They get paid by Chrysler for every car they sell whether they make a
> > profit of not. Even if they sell you the car at their cost they get a
> > dealer's re-imbursement from the manufacturer, Matthew.
> > All they want is to move numbers at this time of the year.
> >

> > :-)
> > --
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Yomamma bin Crawdaddin www.cotse.com
>
> I dont know how things are run over there, but here 0% finance works on
> the principle of By Now Pay Later (BNPL). The finance company rely on
> the common laziness of people to leave it till the end to pay it, should
> you fail to pay off the full amount by the end of the term, you are
> entered into a 3year contract, paying monthly, at about 29.7% interest.
> Thats where they make their money. This used to work better for them as
> up until recently, they wernt required to notify you that the 0% term
> was coming to an end. So all they do is loan money, they arent losing
> any as you either pay the full loan amount back in time, failure todo so
> makes them 30% apr profit on your loan.

Ooooooooh. So that's how it works. I *knew* there was a catch in
somewhere. Not that the monthly payments are exactly a dream either.

--
Noodles Jefferson
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

"Our earth is degenerate in these latter days, bribery and corruption
are common, children no longer obey their parents and the end of the
world is evidently approaching."
--Assyrian clay tablet 2800 B.C.

  • Re: Blindly Into the Bubble
    ... pay their bills; so many default, because of overspending, (although I ... the Banks and other institutions were not allowed good profits, ... loan insitutions cannot afford to lend an ear to that. ... rate mortgages but the situation is far more complex. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: TURMEL: Ben Franklin, Prof. Flaherty, on Death gamble
    ... > pay to build your house whether you pay $100,000 from ... > an interest bearing loan or a non-interest loan? ... > your new house. ... gives money its power is not depositors accounts. ...
    (sci.econ)
  • Re: the "subprime mortgage crisis"
    ... financial institutions to lend lots more money to low-income borrowers. ... made to people that normally would not qualify for a loan under the rule of ... left after you pay all your other bills. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: the "subprime mortgage crisis"
    ... financial institutions to lend lots more money to low-income borrowers. ... made to people that normally would not qualify for a loan under the rule of ... left after you pay all your other bills. ... deserve to fail in business and go bankrupt. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • The jury is still out on what kind of landing the housing market will have...
    ... Thus Richard Russell on the impending end of the housing bubble. ... We are much more inclined to pay attention to ... Since March of last year, when they took out the loan, the principal ...
    (soc.culture.cuba)